I don’t think I’ve mentioned yet that this is MY MOST FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR. Besides Christmas. Ok, its my favorite because it leads up to Christmas which is my most, most favorite.
So many emotions, so little room in this post. This year I’ve been reflecting, trying to remember the earliest age at which fall became magical to me, but I for the life of me can’t. All I know is that somehow in my nostalgic mind, falling leaves lead to shorter days, lead to crackling fireplaces, lead to chilly nights, lead to “parties for hosting marshmallows for toasting and caroling out in the snow.”
In light of all this reflecting and all the feelings I’ve assembled a list of my top ten must-do’s in October.
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Watch “Hocus Pocus”
- Planning the perfect halloween costume
- Burn a fall candle (I like “Leaves” from Bath & Body Works or “Pumpkin Pie” from Yankee Candle Co.)
- Make my favorite comfort foods (try my Chili Recipe for starters)
- Store all my summer clothing and make room for sweaters (when the weather cooperates)
- Bake my favorite cookie recipe (check out my Pinterest boards for my faves)
- Watch “It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown”
- Make something pumpkin flavored (here’s my favorite Pumpkin Spice Cake recipe)
- Start making my Christmas gift shopping lists (My December self will thank me)
I hope this list has inspired you to enjoy the best of all this glorious season has to offer. This is also my way of staying optimistic that at some point this year it may actually start to feel like fall where I live. Trying to stay positive people! Will I get to wear a sweater before November 1st?? The suspense is killing me.