This post contains affiliate links, for more information see my disclaimer here.
TGIF the thirteenth! Yikes! Is it a bad omen to start a new Friday series on Friday the thirteenth? I don’t know, but I’m gonna live on the edge and do it anyway.
Every Friday I’ll share some of my favorite things from the week: television, music, beauty, food, websites, bloggers… you get the idea. So without further ado…
- The Voice is BACK! I love me some J Hud. Dreamgirls anyone? I can seriously watch that movie over and over, and chills, every. Single. Time. Ugh! I can’t even with her voice people. And also my affinity for early 2000’s Disney Channel sitcoms is pleased by the return of Miley. (The Lizzie McGuire Movie is on HBO OnDemand right now btdubs!!! Do not judge lest ye be judged.)
- The Busy Budgeter. You guys, she has great content, but also, if you’re a blogger, this woman is a WEALTH of information on how to be a champion at it. Some day I will finally read all the things and do all the things, but, baby steps.
- My all time #momcrushes are still crushing it over at #IMOMSOHARD on You Tube. If you are a mom and haven’t watched them yet, get ready to laugh so hard you’ll pee yourself for sho.
- EmilyLey.com. If you’re a fan of The Simplified Planner, Emily has a new book coming out called The Simplified Life (which you can preorder here) and I CANNOT WAIT. She’s doing a FB Live series every week on Tuesdays (which I believe there’s link to on my FB page). If you love trying to get your life together (notice I said trying, not actually doing it, I mean, keeping expectations low and all) then head over to my FB page and check it out.
- Slow Cooker for the WIN. I’m all about the slow cooker these days, and I just got the Martha Stewart Slow Cooker book…I’ll keep you posted on how that goes. Meanwhile this week we did a simple roast with potatoes and carrots, can’t fail.
- PBS Kids Channel. Did you guys know there’s a PBS kids CHANNEL??? Who knows how long I went before discovering this. Its not HD (at least in our area) but my 3yo does not care about that nonsense. And all I care about is Daniel Tiger on at 5pm when I’m trying to make dinner… and NO COMMERCIALS!! because the commercials on Nick these days are driving me up a wall.
- Salted Caramel Mochas. Yep. Sorry. #momlife survival. Except I only get 1/2 the pumps of mocha because its just way too chocolaty the regular way. Now if only the temp would dip below 75 during the day here so I could enjoy a hot one…(come on Fall!!!).
What are some of your favorite things from this week??